Welcome to my site!
Some brief background about me:
- Worked as a researcher in CAD/CAM/CAE systems and data management for plastic injection moulding (from 2000 to 2006)
- Obtained my PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the National University of Singapore in 2008
- Worked as an engineer briefly before switching career for family (from 2006 to 2007)
- Worked as an editor for Pearson Education, full-time and freelance (from 2007 to 2014)
- Worked as a STEAM Facilitator/Tutor/Academic coach, full-time and freelance (from 2001 to present)
- Trained to be a Precious Metal Artist in 2019
I am currently an academic coach for Primary and Secondary students, specialising in Math and Science subjects.
As a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) specialist, I enjoy imparting my knowledge to the young enquiring and creative minds. The young minds thrive well via experiential learning, allowing them to retain concepts better and be able to apply the knowledge to creatively solve problems.
Being a hands-on individual and a maker, I enjoy handcrafting jewellery using two main methods: Traditional metalsmithing and creative metal clay.
Enjoy browsing through my site!